Now in its 13th year, The Edinburgh Pitch (17th – 19th June 2019) will run alongside the Edinburgh International Film Festival (19th – 30th June 2019).
What is the Edinburgh Pitch?
Independent filmmakers and companies developing and raising finance for creative feature documentaries will have the chance to take part in a preparatory pitch training workshop, before formally pitching their projects to an international panel. They will also get the opportunity to meet commissioning editors and experts for one-to-one meetings.
- The Edinburgh Pitch is looking for developed feature projects, ready to present to financiers.
- Projects can be at an advanced development stage, in production or in early post-production.
- The film should have the potential for a minimum of 52 minutes running time on any theme.
- The Edinburgh Pitch is open to all filmmakers and companies based in the UK and abroad.
- Filmmakers are expected to provide a trailer as part of the application (please contact us for exceptions to this rule).
Applications now open
Please read the Guidelines & Information before applying.
The deadline for applications is Monday 1 April and the projects will be selected in early May.
Last year’s panellists included:
Salma Abdalla (Autlook Filmsales), Jan Daae (DR Sales), Joost Daamen (IDFA), Leslie Finlay (Creative Scotland), Daniel Green (Dogwoof), Tracie Holder, Taiyi Liu (DaAi TV), Charlotte Gry Madsen (SVT), Luke Moody (Britdoc), Justine Nagan (POV), Jose Rodriguez (Tribeca Film Institute), Claudia Schreiner (MDR), Irena Taskovski (Taskovski Films), John Van Wyck (Cinereach) and Jenny Westergard (YLE).
Observers are also welcome. This will be a great opportunity to learn more about TV commissioning and the international landscape for documentaries and you may pick up some expert advice that’s relevant to your project! Observer passes will go on sale in May.
Scottish Documentary Institute is committed to offering clear and accessible application processes open to everyone. On request this information is available in alternative formats. We offer access support to disabled applicants, tailored to individual requests and our team can offer advice to new applicants and support them to make an application.
For any further questions, please contact the Scottish Documentary Institute on email@example.com, via telephone 0131 651 5760.
The Edinburgh Pitch is supported by Creative Scotland and the University of Edinburgh.