STV Studios are looking for three trainees to join the team on Screw, a new six-part drama series they are producing for Channel 4, shooting in Glasgow from May 2021.
The full-time paid training roles will run for between 6-12 weeks (dependent on department) between April and July 2021, and will be based in Glasgow.
There are potential opportunities across most departments, including construction, lighting, hair and make-up, costume, camera, art department and production, and locations. Exact roles will be determined by the interests and experience of the applicants.
Who can apply
The training roles on SCREW are for entry level talent who want to break into the media industry and who love watching TV drama and films.
The scheme aims to offer opportunities to those currently under-represented in the TV industry, so we are keen to hear from people from under-represented ethnicities, disabled people (including neuro diversity) and those from a lower socio-economic background, who are currently living in Glasgow.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- A passion for television and films, and an enthusiasm for TV drama in particular
- Strong communication skills
- A resilient, positive, can-do attitude
- Reliable and hard-working
- Curiosity and a desire to learn and develop
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with people from all backgrounds and ages
- No media or TV experience required
- No academic entry requirements - you do not need a degree or other professional qualifications to apply.
How to apply
The deadline for applications is Monday 8 March.