Screen NETS is a 6-month apprenticeship programme providing on-the-job training in technical, production and design roles for high-end film and TV drama in Scotland.
Trainees have the opportunity to build their knowledge and understanding to help develop a freelance career in the film and television sector, as well as the potential to make important industry contacts.
The programme is funded by Screen Scotland in partnership with Screen Academy Scotland/Edinburgh Napier University.
Screen NETS is keen to select individuals who are ready to specialise in a specific department and already have some limited entry-level experience within the industry or transferrable skills that will meet the criteria for the specific department. The programme usually selects one trainee for each of the following specialisms:
- Production Office Trainee
- Locations Trainee
- Grip Trainee
- Production Accounts Trainee
- Camera Trainee
- Costume Trainee
Screen NETS is committed to inclusivity. Applications are encouraged from people from underrepresented groups, including:
- People from a BAME background
- People with disabilities
- Members of the LGBT+ community
- People from low income backgrounds
- People with strong transferable skills but no financial support to establish themselves as a freelancer
- People who have no Higher Education degree but whose work experience can transfer well
- People who are the first person in their family to enter the industry
Applications are currently closed for the Screen NETS programme. Please visit the Screen Academy Scotland website for more information about the programme.
The Screen NETS page will be updated with news when applications are open: http://www.screenacademyscotland.ac.uk/screennets/apply