Screen Scotland is leading the growth of the sector through increased funding and support for film and television production, an increase in specialist staff and further investment in skills, festivals, audiences and education.
Screen Scotland sits within Creative Scotland and is a partnership with Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Skills Development Scotland, Scottish Funding Council, with funding from the Scottish Government and the National Lottery.
We are funding, developing and growing Scotland’s screen sector by:
- Boosting production by increasing funding and support to grow the number and diversity of film and TV productions from Scotland
- Creating specialist business development provision for screen businesses ensuring that advice and support is appropriate and easy to access
- Improving employment opportunities in the sector through increased and co-ordinated opportunities for training and development
- Developing audiences by improving access to Scottish film and TV productions at home and internationally
- Growing and improving Scotland’s screen infrastructure including studio facilities
- Developing Scotland’s reputation as a destination for international productions and co-productions, supported by our world-class talent, crews, facilities and unique locations