The COVID-19 Cancellation Fund for Cultural Organisations is focused on support for businesses which are vital to the cultural life of Scotland, and which have been adversely financially impacted by cancellations or postponement of activities that were due to have taken place in the period between 27 November 2021 and 31 March 2022.
This also includes organisations that have been adversely impacted as a result of the cancellation of in-person events that have switched to online presentation.
Applications are now closed.
What can the fund support?
The fund covers different kinds of organisations that have experienced financial losses arising from cancellation/postponement of activities:
- Performing arts venues and festivals (e.g. buildings that are primarily used for cultural purposes and have paying audiences to see live events, such as theatres and music venues, including concert halls; and festivals using venues to present live work to a paying audience)
- Other publicly accessible cultural venues (e.g. galleries, workshops, artists studios)
- Other cultural businesses that provide services to other cultural organisations for activities open to the public (e.g. theatre production and supply chain businesses)
Please note that organisations which have had support from prior COVID-19 emergency funds are permitted to apply to this fund provided they meet the broader eligibility. This includes (but is not limited to) recipients of funding from:
- The Cultural Organisation and Venue Recovery Fund (excluding Nightclubs)
- The Performing Arts Venues Relief Fund
- The Grassroots Music Venues Stabilisation Fund
Nightclubs should apply to the Nightclub Closure Fund to cover their core activity, however may apply to the Cancellation Fund for Cultural Organisations to cover losses from the cancellation of other cultural activity.
Learn more about eligibility in the Guidance Notes.
Budget and how much can be applied for
£25m has been allocated to this fund.
You can apply for between £5,000 and £500,000 per venue. Cultural organisations which do not operate a venue can apply for between £5,000 and £500,000. The amount you apply for must be based on your organisation’s specific financial losses relating to cancellation or postponement that you must evidence and quantify.
The guidance document for the COVID-19 Cancellation Fund for Cultural Organisations Fund is available to download from the Creative Scotland websiite.