Screen Scotland is thrilled to once again be working in partnership with the Edinburgh TV Festival. Following a hugely successful return to the Scottish capital in 2022, the Edinburgh TV Festival will once again take place at the EICC and this year, for an extended programme with dates confirmed as Tuesday 22 – Friday 25 August 2023.
The festival will deliver live sessions, panels and masterclasses along with ConnectED Speed Meetings and networking opportunities that make up an internationally focused programme. The first round of speakers to take part include the award-winning TV writer and director Sally Wainwright and the Universal Studio Group Chairman Pearlena Igbokwe.
Screen Scotland is offering ten bursaries to independent production companies in Scotland, which comprises a fully funded delegate pass and three nights’ accommodation (if required, for successful applicants not based in Edinburgh).
The bursary offer will provide:
- Delegate pass for 22-25 August, providing full access to over 50 Festival sessions in Edinburgh
- Access to official receptions and networking events
- On-demand access to sessions post-Festival
- Access to ConnectED speed meetings where you can meet decision makers 1-on-1, and ConnectED+ sessions throughout the year
- 3 nights’ accommodation in Edinburgh City Centre
Before submitting your application, please note:
- This offer is open to Scotland-based producers and independent production companies only, with at least two broadcast credits
- There is a limit of one bursary per production company
- Consider what projects you currently have and if they are at an appropriate stage for engaging with TV Festival participants, as well as your strategy for who you seek to connect with
- Passes may be particularly relevant for production companies who are currently engaged in development with Screen Scotland through our Broadcast Content Fund.
- Please note that Screen Scotland support for attending Edinburgh International TV Festival is via these funded bursaries only – separate applications to the Market & Festival Attendance Fund will not be considered
- If you are unsuccessful with your bursary application, freelancers may still avail of a 50% discount on direct purchases of a TV Festival pass: https://www.thetvfestival.com/passes/
The deadline for applications is 3pm Tuesday 20 June 2023.
Successful applicants will be informed on Tuesday 27 June 2023, with full details of how to register for their free delegate pass and accommodation information.
How to apply
You can apply online via the link to our online application form below.
Complete the application form
Creative Scotland (CS) requires some personal information about you to consider your application. Without this information CS will be unable to provide you with a delegate pass. If you would like to see a breakdown of the personal information CS requires, why it is required, what CS does with that information and how long CS keeps it, please refer to CS’s Privacy Notice.