The Recovery Fund for Independent Cinemas aims to address the impacts and changes to the film exhibition sector caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This £2.5m Fund is part of a £31.5m package of support established by the Scottish Government and is focused on support for those independent cinema businesses that are key to the cultural life of Scotland.
The purpose of this Fund is to help stabilise, rebuild and revitalise independent cinema businesses in Scotland, by supporting new activity and initiatives that help address the fundamental shifts to the industry brought about by COVID-19.
Please note, applications are now closed.
What period does the fund cover?
The fund supports new activity and programmes addressing long-term changes to the industry brought about by COVID-19 that run up to 31 December 2022.
Applicants can seek funding to stabilise their organisation and these costs can cover the period between 1 December 2021 and 30 August 2022.
Who can apply?
We are looking for applications from organisations who are owned and operated in Scotland and who run independent cinema venues in Scotland providing a year-round programme of primarily new release titles, with multiple screenings per week on DCP.
Learn more about eligibility on page 10 of the Guidance Notes.
What information do you need to give us in your application?
If your application is eligible then we will ask you to:
- Provide detailed financial information about your organisation, including your most recent audited accounts and a completed Budget Template.
- Outline the key challenges faced by your business and a proposal for how you will address those.
- Demonstrate how funding will enable your cinema/s to continue to operate and reduce the risks of redundancies and insolvency.
- Outline how you will be able to deliver a programme of screenings in line with your programming ethos, including any special events, outreach and engagement activity.
- Demonstrate community value and identify how you contribute to the geographic spread of provision across Scotland.
- Fund opens - 12 noon, Wednesday 9 February 2022
- Application deadline - 12 noon, Friday 4 March 2022
- Eligibility Checking and Assessment - Friday 4 March – Friday 18 March 2022
- Decision-making panel - Friday 18 March 2022
- Notification of decisions, contracting and payments - from Monday 21 March 2022
- Activity to take place from/to - Friday 1 April – Saturday 31 December 2022
- Reporting and evaluation - Monday 2 January – Tuesday 28 February 2023