*Please note, this recruitment opportunity is now closed. If you would like to be on our mailing list for future Screen NETS training programmes then please email Catherine Aitken on [email protected]
Screen NETS (film & TV industry on the job training) is currently recruiting trainees for 6-8 weeks for a new 3 part HETV drama series, shooting in Glasgow in April and May.
Screen NETS is a long established training programme supporting new entrants into the screen industries. For this programme they are primarily focusing on recruiting new entrants who live outside the main central belt production hubs of Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Trainees are paid the Real Living Wage and will have their travel and temporary accommodation in Glasgow paid for the duration of the placement.
This is a bespoke training programme funded through Screen Scotland and the BBC.
You must be based in Scotland and live outwith the central belt cities to apply, and meet specific skills criteria. Screen NETS will select 4 trainees, from the following departments, who will be training to be assistants.
Their priority roles for this programme are:
- Production Office
- Assistant Directing/Floor Runner
- Location Sound
Applications are strongly encouraged from people who are traditionally under represented in the industry or may have faced barriers to entry.
In the first instance, please send your CV and a covering email to Catherine Aitken at [email protected]
Please answer the following questions briefly in your email:
- What department are you applying for and what experience or transferable skills do you have to bring to the role.
- What region of Scotland do you currently live in? (Or if you have moved to the central belt from elsewhere in Scotland in the last three months we are still keen to hear from you).
You can only apply for one department;
You should be available to start work:
- Production Office, Locations and Assistant Directing from start of April
- Camera or Sound from week beginning 18th April
- This is a fast recruitment process so email us as soon as you can and we’ll send you an application form that will have to be completed and returned by the 30th March.
Screen NETS Industry Training is funded by Screen Scotland in partnership with Screen Academy Scotland/Edinburgh Napier University.
Programme Manager - Kay Sheridan - [email protected]
Delivery Manager - Catherine Aitken - [email protected]