Following a fantastic response from all four nations, TRC has announced the successful delegates for their professional development programme SuperSizer funded by BBC Nations & Regions, Channel 4, and the National Lottery through Screen Scotland.
The programme, now in its sixth year, supports the growth of Development Executives to win high value commissions and develop ideas of scale for the next big returning series, with the aim of transforming indies in the Nations and Regions.
This year's programme will be delivered combining in-person and online training and will include a trip to London to meet a range of commissioners and broadcasters. Previous contributors to the programme have included BBC, Channel 4, Channel 5, ITV, Sky, Netflix and Disney+.
As well as gaining exclusive access to leading broadcasters and commissioners, the delegates will receive exceptional training on a variety of topics such as pitching, personal branding and how to lead a creative team. The successful delegates for TRC's SuperSizer 2022-23 are:
- Ella Jackson, BBC Studios Pacific Quay, Scotland
- Edwina Madden-Egan, Tuesday's Child, Scotland
- Christine Morrison, Corcadal Productions, Scotland
- Paddy Duffy, Two Rivers, Scotland
- Majella McNeaney, Firecracker, Scotland
- Eamonn Devlin, Triplevision Productions, Northern Ireland
- Stephen McVey, Rare TV, Northern Ireland
- Llinos Griffiths, Yeti Television, Wales
- Tammy Kennedy, Little Bird Films, Wales
- Gorana Jelovina, ITN Productions, England
- Victoria Holden, Chalk Productions, England
- Andy Malone, Freelance, England
- Dean Webster, Ten66 Television, England
The successful delegates for TRC's SuperSizer 2022-23. Courtesy of TRC.
Margaret Scott and Claire Scally, Joint Managing Directors of TRC said: "Having implemented a successful and well received hybrid model during the pandemic, we have established the importance of providing a flexible approach to our training. This year's SuperSizer will include both online and face-to-face sessions to maximise the benefits of both delivery methods. We look forward to supporting a strong cohort of talented delegates from across the Nations and Regions in their ongoing development."
Dani Carlaw, Head of Unscripted at Screen Scotland, said: "TRC's SuperSizer is a tremendous opportunity for Scotland based talent to build vital connections with commissioners, and win new business. We are proud to support the outstanding talent from across Scotland taking part in this year's programme, and look forward to seeing both the creative and market opportunities that blossom."
To learn more about SuperSizer and this year's delegates, please visit https://trcmedia.org/news/posts/2022/september/supersizer-2223-meet-the-delegates/